A message from the Headteacher
At this time it is important that students complete the work set and take part in any live lessons as per their normal timetable.
Whilst students are learning online, the school day can be very intensive and we are aware of the amount of screen time that students will be exposed to. As such the timings of the day will allow for more time between lessons as well as learning activities which are off screen. Students will be offered a balance of teacher directed, interactive and independent learning activities.
We will communicate with parents if students miss lessons or aren't completing work. Please continue to communicate with us if you feel that support is needed by using the reception email address. Pupils should complete all work that is set and upload it to Microsoft teams. We use forms, polls and other interactive platforms to encourage engagement from all pupils.
We recognise that pupils may not have suitable online access at home. We use the following approaches to support pupils to access remote learning.
- Online support for pupils where required and further information and help documents are available
- Distribution of loan devices to pupils to use during lockdown.
- If you do not have access to broadband internet please get in touch with us.
- Paper work packs are distributed to pupils and posted home where required. Pupils who are unable to access remote learning are invited in for onsite provision where there is capacity to do so.
- Welfare phone calls and communication will be carried out by allocated staff
You can read more details about our remote learning offer here